Improved Enterprise Bureau (BBB) advises people to use warning when accomplishing organization with DariusCooks, LLC, a Georgia-centered enterprise that is an on-line retailer of cookbooks, attire, and components – and the business’ owner, Darius Williams. About 70 customers described to BBB that the business failed to provide products purchased by their prospects, did not offer requested refunds, did not talk factors for shipping delays and presented poor buyer support.
DariusCooks, LLC has an “F” ranking, the lowest on BBB’s score scale, because of to new unanswered problems.
Sherrica B., a Minot, North Dakota girl, advised BBB that she put an purchase with DariusCooks, LLC for two bodily cookbooks. On April 6, 2021, she received a notification that a shipping label had been established. In accordance to the shopper, a month went by with no phrase from the business enterprise.
“I emailed the business enterprise to talk to the whereabouts of my purchase, and I been given no response,” she explained to BBB. “I known as the write-up business, and they said they hadn’t obtained the items.”
Sherrica shared with BBB a timeline of her attempted correspondence with DariusCooks, LLC pertaining to her purchase. “On Could 19, 2021, I sent a follow-up email to which I acquired no reaction. On June 1, 2021, I despatched one more e mail which once more obtained no reaction. On June 8, 2021, I sent a concept to his Fb business web page and didn’t obtain a reaction there either.”
“I commented on a write-up about another person owning the very same difficulty I was having, and he blocked me on Facebook,” Sherrica advised BBB. “I would like my money back, and I would like my cookbooks.”
A resident of Honolulu, Hawaii, Amber W., placed an order for two cookbooks from DariusCooks, LLC in March of 2021. She instructed BBB that a number of weeks later, a label was established, but USPS in no way obtained the deal made up of the two cookbooks.
“I reached out by email to DariusCooks, and I received a reaction apologizing and reported he would mail out personally himself,” she advised BBB. “It’s been yet another 2.5 months, and I have not been given nearly anything. I have despatched a further seven email messages that have not been responded to.”
Individuals have also claimed to BBB problems with “Dining With DariusCooks,” which are activities promoted on the ShopDariusCooks.com website as a “Premier 7-class Eating Experience.”
In Could of 2021, Sonya T. of Montgomery, Alabama, contacted BBB about her experience when paying for tickets for a person of these events. “I purchased a ticket in Oct 2019 for Eating With Darius,” she reported. “The party was scheduled for May possibly 2020 in Huntsville, but thanks to COVID-19, it was rescheduled to December 2020. When December came, the function was canceled once again.”
Sonya advised BBB that it was at this stage that she began emailing the business enterprise for a refund. “I emailed in January and February and bought no response. Finally, in April, I been given an email indicating he had an additional dining function in 2021 and I would have the very first selection, but he desired the purchase amount from the primary obtain in Oct 2019. I no extended experienced the emails from October 2019 that contained the get range. I was informed I could not get a ticket to an impending party, nor could I get a refund devoid of the order variety.”
“He emailed me and stated, ‘hey I know I owe u but I just cannot give u nearly anything with out the purchase number.’” Sonya told BBB. “He acknowledged owing me but refused to refund me with some nonsense about an purchase range.”
“The financial institution will only do a reversal if the buy is within just two months of invest in, so I’m out $175.”
A Lawrenceville, Georgia, girl recommended BBB that she obtained tickets for a “Dining with Darius” occasion on April 17, 2021, but instantly desired to obtain a refund for her tickets. When she could not come across the affirmation for her get, she was advised she could not be refunded.
“I have despatched him my credit history card statement displaying the transaction,” she informed BBB. “He claims he cannot use that. I have searched on his internet site, and there is no way for me to find my former transactions.”
“He says he can’t refund me since he are unable to identify the transaction, but I have proven it to him, and I experienced to enter my identify to invest in the tickets.”
In accordance to data on the Georgia Secretary of State’s web page (https://ecorp.sos.ga.gov/BusinessSearch), DariusCooks, LLC’s registered agent is United States Corporation Brokers, Inc. The business was registered with the Georgia Secretary of Condition but was served a Notice of Administrative Dissolution/Revocation on June 17, 2019. For every the Ga Secretary of State, the organization registration was dissolved in August 2019. When the business enterprise is no for a longer period actively registered with the Georgia Secretary of Point out, it seems to be in procedure. The business’s site is useful, and Mr. Williams is energetic on social media marketing DariusCook’s products and “Dining with DariusCooks” events.
Attempts to achieve DariusCooks, LLC and its owner Darius Williams for comment unsuccessful. The enterprise did not respond to BBB’s correspondence trying to get the company’s voluntary cooperation in responding to the unanswered problems and removing the styles of grievance.
BBB features these strategies for safe on-line purchasing:
- Store with a credit card. In scenario of a fraudulent transaction, a credit rating card provides added protections it is simpler to dispute charges you didn’t approve or get your income back if there is a issue. Debit playing cards, prepaid playing cards, or reward cards never have the similar protections as a credit card.
- Hold documentation of your order. Help save a copy of the affirmation page or electronic mail confirmation till you obtain the item and are glad. Know and fully grasp the return policy and hold this documented with your order information. According to the FTC, when you store on line, sellers are intended to ship your buy in just the time stated in their adverts or within 30 days if the ads do not give a time. If a seller just cannot ship inside the promised time, they have to give you with a revised delivery day, with the prospect to either terminate your buy for a total refund or settle for the new shipping and delivery day.
- Know the advertiser. Some of the greatest discounts are only accessible on the web, but be watchful. It is uncomplicated for a bogus site to mimic a popular retailer’s web-site, so make sure you shop with a respectable site. If the website is missing speak to info, that is a crimson flag. Verify out suppliers at BBB.org right before you store.
- Examine a site’s stability settings. If the web page is safe, its URL (world wide web deal with) should really get started with “https://” and include things like a lock icon on the buy or buying cart webpage.
- Be a savvy shopper. When searching online, be sure to just take your time and browse the wonderful print ahead of submitting your buy. Search for the return policy despite the fact that lots of on the internet orders can be returned for a full refund, some others have restocking expenses. Some items are unable to be returned know just before you obtain.
- Consider just before you click on. Be primarily cautious about electronic mail solicitations and on line adverts on social media web-sites. Many sketchy stores publicize great bargains or stylish outfits that doesn’t match the marketing buzz.
- Beware of far too-superior-to-be-real offers. Delivers on websites and unsolicited email messages could present no cost or incredibly very low selling prices on really hard-to-obtain goods. There may be concealed charges, or your buy may perhaps indication you up for a month to month charge. Seem for and browse the great print.
- Beware of phishing. Phishing e-mail can glance like a message from a effectively-regarded brand name, but clicking on unfamiliar back links can area you at risk for malware and/or identification theft. A person well known scam promises to be from a deal-shipping and delivery enterprise with links to “tracking information” on an get you don’t bear in mind building. Really don’t click on!
- Continue to keep a clean up machine. Install a firewall, anti-virus, and anti-adware software package for network stability. Check out for and set up the most current updates and run virus scans regularly on your pc, pill, and smartphone.
See BBB’s On the net Purchasing Resource web site for far more tips.
See BBB’s tips for protected supply of your on the net buys.
Normally glimpse for companies that follow BBB Accreditation Standards and BBB Requirements for Believe in.
For much more strategies and news from BBB, visit BBB.org/information.