Here is a list of foods on the best grocery list for weight loss for you to get at the grocery store when health and weight loss is your goal:
Best Grocery List For Weight Loss:
- Organic red apples
- Berries (fresh and frozen for smoothies)
- Any and all greens: spinach, kale, endive, swiss chard
- Peppers (red, green, orange)
- Organic baby spinach
- Butternut, acorn, or spaghetti squash.
- Sweet potatoes
- Unsweetened almond or hemp milk (for smoothies)
- Black, kidney beans, lentils, or chick peas
- Sunflower or pumpkin seeds (make sure there are no added oils in the ingredients)
- Almond or cashew butter (make sure there is no added oils to the ingredients)
- Almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans, walnuts (again, no added oils)
- Organic eggs
- Organic meat or meat from a local farm that they feed with grass (at the very least it should have no added hormones or antibiotics)
- Low fat, plain Greek yogurt
- Wild salmon or another non-farm raised fish
- Cottage cheese
- Dark Chocolate 80% cocoa or higher
Notice what food groups these items fall under:
- Seeds & Nuts
- Lean protein (meat, dairy, eggs)
- Unrefined grains
They just so happen to be in the general order of which they should be consumed – by volume.
Meaning, you should be eating tons of fruits and veggies, and less nuts, animal products and grains.
And obviously I can’t list every fruit and vegetable here. Feel free to buy any fresh produce you would like.
Also, notice which foods did not make the best grocery list for weight loss:
- Refined grains: bread, pasta, bagels
- Processed and factory farmed meats: Italian and polish sausage, bacon, any chicken, pork, or beef that has been factory farmed, fish that have been farmed raised.
- Anything that comes in a can: non-organic soups, vegetables, legumes.
- Anything that comes in a bag: chips, candy, bread
- Soda and other sweetened beverages
- Sugary candy and low quality chocolate
- Anything that comes in a box: brownies, cookies, cake.
- Fattening dairy: ice cream, cheesecake, cream cheese.
So, now you have the best grocery list for weight loss. Use these ingredients to make healthy recipes for weight loss and make sure to exercise everyday using metabolic resistance training and high intensity interval training. Do that and you will be at your desired weight in no time.